Thanks to the efforts of one the Foundation’s past-presidents, Odis Lowe and life-long resident Jerry Wimpee, one of the oldest windmills in Rockwall County, dating back to 1866, now stands proudly behind the main museum. It was originally erected near the present-day corner of Hartman and Renfro streets by J. H. Hartman and provided water for his steam-powered cotton gin. It stands sixty-five feet tall with an eight-foot blade span.
In 2019, a storm toppled the historic windmill. It is has been repaired and will soon be re-erected on the museum grounds in a new place. Stay tuned!
To make a donation, click DONATE NOW!